Assistant Research Scientist, Social Environment and Health Program
Dr. Kabo’s research focuses on how sociospatial contexts shape outcomes such as team science and collaboration, entrepreneurship and innovation, and racial disparities. He is the Principal Investigator (PI) for the Boomers, Entrepreneurship, and Retirement 2030 (BER2030) project that studies entrepreneurship in older adults using two nationally representative population samples: the Health and Retirement Study, and the Understanding America Study. He is also the PI for the Library Learning Analytics Project (LLAP), a collaborative study of how academic libraries impact learning – in course instruction, funded research, and publications – by 15 institutions led by the University of Michigan. Dr. Kabo is also one of the faculty responsible for the Network Science module of the Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (MICHR).
- 2019 Kabo, F. W. & G. A. Mashour (2019). “Measuring team science: Associations between a clinical-translational science institute and investigator ego networks.” Journal of Clinical and Translational Science.
- 2019 Kabo, F. W., T.C. Antonucci & J. S. Jackson (2019). “A Social Relations and Networks Perspective of Depressive Symptoms in Older African Americans Relative to Two Other Ethno-racial Groups.” Innovation in Aging, 3(1): 1-13.
- 2018 Kabo, F. (2018). “The architecture of network collective intelligence: correlations between social network structure, spatial layout, and prestige outcomes in an office.” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences.
- 2017 Kabo, F.W. & G. A. Mashour (2017). “Effect of a clinical and translational science award institute on grant funding in a major research university.” Journal of Clinical and Translational Science, 1(2): 88-93.
- 2016 Kabo, F. W. (2016). “A Model of Potential Encounters in the Workplace: The Relationships of Homophily, Spatial Distance, Organizational Structure, and Perceived Networks.” Environment & Behavior.
- 2015 Kabo, F., et al. (2015). “Shared Paths to the Lab: A Sociospatial Network Analysis of Collaboration.” Environment & Behavior, 47: 57-84.
- 2014 Kabo, F., et al. (2014). “Proximity Effects on the Dynamics and Outcomes of Scientific Collaborations.” Research Policy, 43: 1469-1485.
- 2009 Wineman, J., F. W. Kabo and G. F. Davis. (2009). “Spatial and social networks in organizational innovation”, Environment and Behavior, 41: 427-442. (originally published online Aug 4, 2008)
- 2006 Kabo, F. W. (2006). “The U.S. non-wood, non-metal primary building materials sector in flux: A sectoral analysis and a proposed materials development and innovation framework”, Automation in Construction, 15: 383-397.